Have you or someone you know been diagnosed with cancer?

There is no way to describe how being diagnosed with cancer feels. You are flooded with an array of emotions, concerns, and worries. The last concern should be how are going to afford healthcare. At Medicare Pathways, we can help you navigate through this difficult time by reviewing your Medicare Health Plan and finding a plan that can help win your fight. There are many Medicare Health Plan options to ensure you can pass through underwriting and provide coverage assistance for certain treatments, medications, etc. Our job is to find the perfect plan to meet your medical and financial needs.

Cancer begins when abnormal cells grow in your body at a exceptional rate of speed. While cancer is the second leading cause of death in the United States, millions of people all over the world are living today because of remission. There are many different types of cancer, each of them acts differently, and treatments for each varies. Original Medicare Part A and Part B may cover certain treatments for beneficiaries that are suffering from any form of cancer. Part A covers hospital inpatients, and Part B covers hospital outpatients and patients in a doctor’s office or freestanding clinic.

Most prescription drugs are covered through Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans. This includes prescription drugs that can help with lowering high blood pressure and high cholesterol, ease arthritis pain, help manage depression, and other various health conditions. These medicines can be taken through different mediums such as liquids, tablets or pills.

As mentioned above, Original Medicare Part B covers doctor visits and outpatient hospital services; it also covers the drugs that are given via IV or injected (such as a shot) in a doctor’s office or another treatment center. IV infusion is common when it comes to drugs that are used to treat chemo and nausea that can come along with it. Note that since they are infused or injected, they are covered under Original Medicare Part B.

It’s crucial to understand the difference between drugs that are covered under Part B and Part D because the cost you pay out of pocket depends on which part covers that specific drug or drugs. Services that are covered under Original Medicare Part B require patients to pay the first yearly deductible that is set by Medicare each year. Once the deductible is met, Medicare is required to pay 80% of all the costs. This leaves you, the patient, to pay 20% of the drugs costs.

While it may seem like a lot of work and it can be a bit confusing when establishing the difference between drugs covered under Part B and Part D, we at Medicare Pathways can help find the perfect Medicare Health Plan option in your area to ensure your treatment for cancer is excellent. For more information and on what plans we offer, give us a call at 866-466-9118. By contacting that number, you will be put in contact with a licensed insurance agent

 

https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/chemotherapy.html

https://www.cancer.org/treatment/finding-and-paying-for-treatment/understanding-health-insurance/health-insurance-options/medicare/medicare-part-d/things-people-with-cancer-need-to-think-about.html